Terms and Conditions
SEAHOUSES – Heritage / History Tours
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SEAHOUSES HERITAGE COTTAGES(SHC)
Access to Properties
There will be occasions when SHC owners or trades personnel, will require access to the properties to carry out repairs, photography, Visit-Britain inspections etc. Wherever possible we will advise you as soon as we are aware of the date and time access is required. We the owners will accompany people on their visits. You are assured that particularly trade personnel are local and personally known to us.
• A booking is only accepted once a cleared non-refundable deposit of 33% is received – or in the case of booking less than two calendar months the full amount.
• Full Balance to be paid one calendar month prior to arrival date.
• BACS payment or personal Cheques are accepted
• Cash is accepted, delivered in person
• Your booking will be confirmed in writing/email. You must check all details therein and alert us immediately to any discrepancies. By accepting your confirmation you agree to all the details contained within the terms and conditions.
Contract – A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post/email and on clearance of your no-refundable deposit
• In the event of adverse weather, should velux windows in property (Powderhouse) be left open, in the absence of visitors, to prevent damage, SHC owners reserve the right to discretely enter property to close them.
• All breakages and damages must be immediately identified and paid for.
• Should any excess cleaning be required or undisclosed damage found on departure an invoice will be issued for settlement in full within 7 days.
Cancellation & Fees
• Cancellations must be made in writing however non payment of the balance on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the client.
• A confirmed booking is a legally binding commitment, you are advised to take out the relevant insurances to cover cancellation, illness, and cover of your belongings – visit www.guestfirst.co.uk.
• Cancellations made more than 28days prior to arrival date will result in loss of deposit.
• Cancellations made 27days prior to arrival or less will require the full amount payable.
• For bookings in June, July and August, cancellation must be made in writing 56 days or more in advance and will result in loss of deposit
• Thereafter full amount is payable
• Repayment of monies to the individual who has made the booking (less deposit & £35 admin fee) may be made solely at the discretion of the management and only where a re-let at the same rate is achieved.
Changes to your booking
• If requested we can make changes to your holiday dates, in the same property, provided that your new dates are available, that you book for the same number of nights or more and if the request is made more than 60 days prior to your original arrival date.
• A change of property to another of SHC property is only possible provided the alternative property is available, if the changes are made within 60 days of the start of the original holiday dates, a fee of £35 is received.
• In the event that SHC have to make changes to a confirmed booking (ie. Where a property becomes uninhabitable or requires major maintenance work), we will endeavour to make a suitable alternative booking at another property
• If it is not possible to find an alternative, we will refund all sums paid by you. This will wholly satisfy our liability is such circumstances.
Check in / Departure
• SHC Properties are available to check in from 2.30pm, Sorry during peak season, in many cases due to the high standards which we pride ourselves on, the property cannot be ready for occupation any sooner.
• During quieter times and where your arrival date is not a changeover, it may be possible to arrange an earlier occupancy, this must be agreed before the arrival date and will normally be done by telephone.
• On departure – You are requested to turn back used beds indicating change and place all used towels in bath/shower. A reasonable level of cleanliness/tidiness is expected.
• Please check plugs for chargers etc and behind doors/under furniture for any personal belongings, you will be surprised what gets left behind. Any unclaimed items will after 7days be sent to the local charity shop.
• Check-out time is strictly by 10am on your departure day.
SHC work hard to ensure our properties are cleaned, tidied and suitably presented for you to enjoy your holiday with us
• Any difficulties you have during your stay must be reported to us straight away so that your reasonable holiday expectations may be met. This is the quickest way of resolving problems that may occur. Problems of a transient nature should be raised straight away as they cannot be rectified after your holiday.
• Complaints of a more significant nature must be made to us in writing within 7 days of your departure. We do not have to look at complaints received after this limit.
Children & Recreation Area
• Children of all ages are welcome and fully provided for – however regarding health & safety, parents /guardians must use their discretion in regard to the equipment provided and accept full responsibility for their children’s safety throughout their stay when using garden & play equipment. For those ‘little explorers’, although the grounds/gardens are fenced/hedged we cannot guarantee them escape proof.
We ask that that our guests and children Do Not access the adjacent allotment Garden because of gardening equipment & Greenhouses
• A travel cot is provided in each property however please note – SHC do not supply cot linen/bedding
• Pets are not accepted at SHC
• For the purpose of the data Protection Act 1998, SHC control all personal data provided to us from customers and prospective customers. The company, SHC, will collect certain personal details from you including your name, address and other relevant details.
• The company, SHC would like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes. This would cover sending brochures or details of promotions to you.
• The company, SHC, may from time to time make contact with you by email, post or telephone for the purposes set out in this clause for a period of 5 years after the end date of the holiday rental. If you do not wish to receive any or all of the communications set out in this clause, please let us know by letter or email. The company is entitled to assume that you do not object to being communicated with unless it receives notice.
• Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act1998, the company will only deal with the personal details you give as set out above. The company has appropriate security measures in place to protect this information.
• Compensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations to our customers due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we cannot foresee with all due care, eg riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
• You are required to treat the property, its contents and grounds with respect
• The property and its grounds will be presented clean, well equipped and tidy for you. Should you discover any item broken or not functioning you are requested to inform us immediately. You are required to leave the property as you found it. An excess cleaning fee may be implemented where the property has been left in an unacceptable condition, for following occupancy, this includes excess mess from children, strong odours i.e. kippers, curries etc and general conditions where extra cleaning, materials and labour in addition to those normally required are needed to ready the property for following visitors. Any damages, breakages, excess fees will be charged and invoiced to you for payment within 7 days.
• The booking contract is strictly restricted to the people named on the booking form unless agreed in writing with SHC prior to arrival.
• At no time should the overnight occupancy exceed the stated number of persons, children and infants.
• Should you invite guests to the property to visit during your stay a) they must not inflate the agreed overnight number of your booking, b) the owners and management accept no liability for them, their belongings or vehicles.
• Parking space is provided by SHC for one vehicle.
• Parking of inflatables, mobile homes, caravans and other ‘secondary’ vehicles is not permitted at the property, however alternative arrangements for offsite parking, subject to availability, may be considered, a charge may apply.
• Vehicles and their contents are left at visitors risk and SHC owners accept no liability whatsoever for vehicles and their contents parked at the propert or on the adjacent street.
• All properties are non-smoking
Termination of booking
• The owners reserve the right to terminate a booking where a condition has been broken, or behaviour affecting other guests and neighbours is unacceptable.
• We do not provide travel/cancellation insurance ourselves however (see previous clause – cancellations) for website link for a direct service to arrange cover
To make a Booking
• Check on-line that your chosen property is available by visiting our website and linking to the on-line availability calendars.
• Email SHC owner direct firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01665 720518 identifying the property you are interested in and the dates you require.
• Once you have ascertained that the dates are available – you may make a deposit payment to secure your booking.
• Note that some booking configurations i.e. short breaks starting on dates other than those on the calendar, or booking two properties together should be carried out over the telephone 01665 720518.